Monday, June 29, 2009

Re-Emergings

The name of this blog began life as a screenplay title of mine some 20 plus years ago. It was my first script, and upon reflection with more experienced writer's eyes, not a very good one. The genre was action/adventure (still a favorite of mine), and while it had a few clever sequences, the story was far too bloated for its own good. Lots of extraneous scenes and horrific dialogue. At the time I thought I had written cinema gold. Fortunately the arrogance of my youth would eventually give way to the wisdom of experience.

The basic story of "LegendLore" (a South American treasure hunt with good guys and bad guys) has endured over the last 20 years, although it has gone through many different incarnations over this period of time, much like myself. Currently it awaits yet another rebirth (or re-emerging) as I struggle to find a single voice in a world full of white noise. I'm closer to that single voice now more than I ever have been. My life over the last two years has undergone a tremendous amount of change, and I have re-emerged a stronger human being than I've ever been before.

This is why I am here. This is my voice to the world. I have things that need to be said, wisdom (for what it's worth) to be passed on. Writing is my muse, my creative outlet. To not honor that is not to live. "The Seekers Of Fortune" is not so much about the quest for monetary gain as it is about the quest for wisdom and insight into the nature of the soul, and our place in this universe. This is an ongoing quest down many paths unknown, a constant reevaluation of where one has been, where one is now, and where one might be headed.

I have reached a point on the path where I'm comfortable and confident enough to share what I have learned thus far. Maybe what I have to offer will help you through your day, maybe not. However, what I will pass along will be all of me, for if there is to be true balance, one must acknowledge both the positive and the negative of the soul. Some of it sure ain't pretty, but it all matters. Every moment counts, and it's through these moments (both small and big) that we define ourselves in this lifetime.

"Remember, no matter where you go, there you are."
- Buckaroo Banzai

Let the journey begin, for there is far more adventure in the 'seeking' than in the 'finding'...

No comments:

Post a Comment