Saturday, November 21, 2009

Personal Creed Decoded Pt. 2

FIGHT TO FEEL

It's easy for us to become disconnected in today's world. We mute our feelings and emotions to the point of suffocation as a protective measure in an effort to effectively deal with the over stimulation and stress that surrounds us on a daily basis. As time goes on, this squashing of feelings eventually has a detrimental effect on how we interact with other human beings. We suffer from MSS (Mister Spock Syndrome), where cold stone logic replaces emotions and passion.

Since we are not half Vulcan, it doesn't do our hearts or souls any good if we cannot properly express ourselves. Feelings have to be allowed to rise to the surface and make waves as they see fit. To not do so denies us our own humanity, and at the end of a long day, that's sometimes all we have left to fall back upon.

It a grown man cries, it is not a sign of weakness, it is a sign of processing. Processing is what allows our soul to grow and change as we move through this mortal life. Processing allows us to love, to heal, and to move forward down the path. So many of us move in circles of self repeating patterns because we stifle the necessary feelings that are needed to continue our own development. I spent many years disconnected from the 'Verse, watching life unfold like a black and white movie, unable to participate because I muted my own feelings to such and extent that I nearly lost my own humanity.

"Fight to Feel" means now actively allowing my feeling to rise to the surface to remain interconnected with all that surrounds me. I no longer can stand on the sidelines of my own life and watch the movie unfold. I must express all emotions fully, boldly, and in living Technicolor. This is the Yang solution to my years spent in a Yin of suppression. So yes, I cry when the spirit moves me, whether seated in a darkened theater, or watching leaves fall from a tree. I laugh and smile more than I ever have. Anger is allowed to surface then be released into the void. I don't hold onto negative (or positive) energy longer than is needed.

The 'fight to feel' is an effort to remain centered within every moment. I will not lose my own humanity again. I retain my logical nature, but I also live my life with joy. A delicate balance.

Besides, being a Vulcan is not all it's cracked up to be, except for maybe that neck pinch thing...

No comments:

Post a Comment