LIVE TO DIE
This is the part of my creed that holds the most confusion. This does not mean to live you life recklessly, without care for your own body and soul, as well as those around you. It does not mean you should indulge in every vice man has ever created, drive at high speeds down a one way street, or embark on a three state looting spree. In other words, taking action in anything that generates negative energy.
"Live to Die" is simply a condensed way of saying; "Live your life as if it was your last day on earth." Live it with passion in every moment you have left. Open your heart wide and love all that surrounds you. Listen to the wind. Feel every emotion as if it was the first time you ever experienced it. Smile. Laugh out loud. Be bold in your endeavors.
As I've stated previously, we only get one go round in this life, so leave everything that doesn't bring you joy behind and focus on the present moment before you. The present moment is all there is, so why shouldn't you be happy while in it?
It's that simple. I honestly don't know if there will be a tomorrow, so I make the most out of today. I take care of my body, my heart, and my soul. I connect with friends. I laugh as often as possible. I am gentle to myself and those around me. I say 'yes' instead of 'no'. I allow myself to cry. I travel to see new places.
I generate positive energy. I make the conscious choice to remain optimistic in a world clouded by pessimism. It's not even about having hope and faith for tomorrow, but rather being mindful of today. I like the feeling of satisfaction that I was present in the 'now' when I retire each night. Many like to say they have their 'good' days and 'bad' days, but why can't every day be a 'good' day?
All comes down to a matter of choice. We choose the day we'd like to have.
Other exist, but I 'live to die', and will continue to do so until it really is my last day in this world...
Thursday, November 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment